Remember Me With Love

As an act of Remembrance for those who died at Passchendaele a 100 years to this day. Please find the following a poem, taken from my forth coming War Poetry Collection: 'Remember Me With Love - Poetry in Conflict' out later this year.

*****************************
 A Soldiers Love
We wait, in silence for the call. I took your letter from my pocket, and breathed each word. Your fragrance stays with me, I hold your words close to me. All around me is chaos: blood and the stench of war press us closer to the enemy. Just one more day, then we can once again live. As we go over the top, each life to give. For I shall, see your face no more. My last breath, I gave to the end of war. Copyright © 2014 Deborah M. Hodgetts
I remember all those who died and served in all Wars.

*******************************************************************

Comments

Popular Posts